Saturday, September 25, 2010

Museum Day!

Bailey and I headed to Fort Worth today for Day in the District. All of the area museums were FREE and there were various performances too. In all, we went to four museums and walked about 2 miles! I probably carried Bailey for 3/4 mile. It was an exhausting day, but we had a great time!
Here is Bailey posing by a giant dinosaur. It was so big, I couldn't get a picture of the whole thing.



Bailey loved the Mondo drummers!




Learning how a windmill works.
Old truck hauling a cow.

Watching for a tornado.





Attempting to hula-hoop.

Giddy up!

We went to the Cowgirl museum, then headed down the street toward the Modern museum. Bailey saw this water feature (at the Kimball) from a distance, so we HAD to check it out. We ended up going inside and did the quickest tour the musem had probably ever seen. Bailey's favorite part was a surface computer in the Mayan exhibit.

Outside the Kimball.

I studied the Kimball Art Museum in architecture school. It's just a building to Bailey, nothing special at all.

Next we headed to The Modern. Bailey's favorite part was the steel sculpture outside the museum. I didn't get any pictures of the sculpture, but here is a link to a picture and information about it.






As we were leaving The Modern, there was a local university choir singing in the steel sculpture. It wasn't one of the planned performances of the day. We were grateful to have been able to hear them. It made me realize how much I miss "real" choirs. Most church choirs that I have been in since high school have had at least one person who can't hit a pitch to save their life (but who wants to tell them they can't sing when they are giving glory to the Lord?).
The line to the Children's Museum (inside the FW Museum of Science and History) was really long earlier, so we headed back to see if it had died down. I'm glad we came back because Bailey really enjoyed it.







After we left the museums, we headed to a local park. I really don't know how he had any energy to play. I was exhausted!


No comments:

Post a Comment