Thursday, October 16, 2008

First Trip to Missouri

I looked at my calendar a couple weeks ago and noticed I had several days off work coming up. It looked like the perfect opportunity to take Bailey on his first trip to Missouri to meet his extended family. Everyone was very welcoming despite the short notice. We stayed on three different farms on our journey. Bailey never did meet a stranger. He was pretty good during our six day trip.
One thing for sure: Bailey sure would love to be a farm boy!
We packed up my car and headed for Missouri on Oct. 16th. We first headed to Hermann and stayed with Uncle Harold and Aunt Geralyn.
P.S. Just a side note. Travis and I would randomly start singing a particular song during the 26 hours of driving on this trip. It's called "Come on Down to the Farm." It seemed fitting since we were staying on three different farms. A portion of the song is bumper music on a radio program we listen too, so I don't think I've ever heard the whole song until just now (googled it and saw a music video). It's a silly song that has finally exited our heads.

No comments:

Post a Comment