Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lightning Strike

On the morning of October 23rd a big storm came through. I was in my bathroom sorting laundry, facing the window. Bailey had just hid from me in the closet, shutting the door, when a bolt of lightning hit the big tree by our house. It was very bright and really loud (I was about 20 feet from the tree). Thank the Lord Bailey was in the closet, so he didn't see the flash, because I had a headache and didn't feel quite right for most of the day. Travis was sitting at the kitchen table and didn't see the flash of lightning. He looked out the window and saw chunks of the bark flying to the middle of our back yard.
Eight days later, these are the pictures of the damage. So far the tree seems like it will live. I guess we'll know for sure next spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment