Sunday, May 02, 2010

Project Update

Because of our whole getting stuck episode, putting a winch on Travis's truck became a top priority. I didn't know he would end up building a new bumper in the process.


Custom machined parts by Travis. Hopefully I'll have a picture of the finished product soon. He also worked on a frame, bike rack and bottom for a new truck toolbox. I don't have any pictures of that right now, but is is done in the typical "under simplified" style of Travis (Travis' term for himself).


Here's how my ground cover is doing.

I'm ordering more tomorrow and hope to plant the other side of the steps next weekend which is over 700 SF. I'm not looking forward to my back hurting again. I'm not going to buy as much this time, yet I'm going to plant them closer together. I discovered that you can separate the plants and get an average of two plants from each one bought.

Here's the new tile in Bailey's bathroom. No more carpet!!!

While I was taking pictures, I realized that not many people have seen my new (used) car. It's a 2003 so it was relatively inexpensive, although I received some comments like "We better check the books" at work, which is funny since I'm the money lady AND a tight@$$. From what I've been told, BMW's in Germany are like the Fords and Chevrolets here. It doesn't have all of bells and whistles like my Impala had and has been a pain so far, although it is really fast!!
-
It only came with one key and I managed to lock the key in the trunk while Travis and Bailey were out of town. Even after the locksmith got into the car, the trunk pop button didn't work (a security feature). He really knew what he was doing and knew how to bypass it. I now have THREE keys!



No comments:

Post a Comment