Sunday, February 15, 2009

Another cake

Well, so much for 1.5 to 2 years before the next cake. My neighbor asked me to make her Navy retirement cake, so I couldn't say no. I had edible art made at Sam's Club, so that saved me a lot of time, but it still took a long time and my kitchen was a big mess (the two reasons I don't need to do another cake anytime soon).

I had to do some major photo editing on the anchors, as they were tiny jpeg images, not suitable for enlarging. The big logo was great quality, so no editing there. I expected the edible art to print out the same size as the images I took in, but they were quite a bit smaller.... mental note if I ever need to have any more made. Also, icing colors turn darker after a while and I'm terrible at gauging what the final color will be. I added too much food coloring, so the gold and blue had strange textures.

Heres' some cake stats:
8 cake mixes
24 eggs
10 lbs of powdered sugar
1.25 cans of shortening
Size = 15" x 22" x about 4.5" tall
Weight = estimated to be 25 lbs (by Travis, who had to carry it)


No comments:

Post a Comment